I keep hearing about some happy dances in Florida recently. SO hope this trend continues this weekend. What's going on there this weekend?

• Artist Carroll Swayze's sweet show in Englewood
  • HAE in Hobe Sound
  • Images in New Smyrna Beach usually pulls in some of our folks. See what Nels Johnson wrote about it last year right here
  • Does Paragon have a show?

Are there shows elsewhere? How about you Southwest folks? Surely, you're busy and I mean you, Steve, not Shirley.

Me, you don't even want to know. Suffice it to say at least I won't be shoveling snow. The storms keep passing us by.

And you?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations, RLS! Yer Smokin'! WOOHOO!

We're going out for a drive over to Dubois to see the damage fire caused there to the historic downtown last month. We've got a winter thaw going on right now and need to get out of the house/studio! January was a good studio working month. I'm looking forward to February and gearing up for spring tour! WOOHOO!

• I am hoping that this weekend will be calm in the whirling dervish of January which has left me feeling both blessed and burdened. January 1, a saddle deposit came in from Australia. I was planning on building two saddles this winter so put the word out of Facebook that one more slot was open. The long and short of it is that over the next couple weeks seven, yes 7, more saddle orders with deposits have come in. While trying to get saddle restoration and other work done in the studio, the days have been filled with spec. sheets, quotes, correspondence and preliminary design work.  All of the saddles are fancy white quilted trick saddles that are around $6K. Three are for young women, two are for pre-teen girls and three are for 5-6 year old girls including my first ever order for twins. I’m applying to 8 art shows this summer but we are thinking that two of the saddles will run into the 2016 show season so we will cut back to the 3-4 best shows as a saddle order is money in the bank and a show is a crap shoot. We had a 5 minute “forest meditation” at yoga class this morning, and I really needed that.  

This reply was deleted.