I am starting the bandwagon early for us.

Friday I'll make the flea market and resale shop circuit.  I keep a watch out for things I can upcycle/repurpose.  Sometimes dd is with me and can find something that I miss.  I don't have exact specifications.  It depends on the condition, shape, price.  The price has to be at a point that I believe I can at least triple it when it's finished.  If I am not too tired from my running around, I will try to get into the studio to start painting.

I think dh and I are attending a antique car thing on Saturday, not confirmed yet.  If we don't do that I'll be working on painting some stuff for Etsy and spring shows.

Sunday will be church, then I'll be in the studio, once again painting.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Going to the St. Louis Art Fair mock jury. Last time there was four years ago, and I have some new work to get some feedback on. I'll take notes and do a report on the mock jury again.

• Thanks so much, your report was so helpful to so many last time. I'm sure it will be helpful.
    • Looking forward to it!

• Yay, Connie!
  • Thanks for starting this, Cindy. I have a big weekend planned. Along with two friends we are driving to Washington, DC, to participate in the Women's March on Saturday. We're staying with my niece who lives in the District and along with her children there will be 3 generations of my family attending the event. 

• Wooo Hooo. Good for you. I contributed to the march. Great to get the kids involved as we arre going to need them down the road. 

• My family has a history of "marching." My favorite time was when about 20 of us (from my 70 year old mother to my youngest nephew (5) and my niece (in utero) met at an equal rights rally in Grant Park in Chicago. 

• WAY TO GO CONNIE !!!
          I applaud you. Actions speak louder than words.
          Thank you for taking action.

I can't take any type of action as I'm behind schedule for a multi show circuit. All my efforts (around 20hrs/day) are on preparing.
  • Studio work: I have to finish one new trick saddle and put a tree with a taller horn in another one finished last November. Both clients are Canadians who will be at an event in SD 2/1/17 so I need to get them done pronto. I inventoried belts for summer art shows and have 55 to make up; about equally divided between plain and carved. I don't even want to think about all of the other stuff. Applications for the 4 summer shows are done and housing was taken care of for Estes Park. Snowing today. We have two new adopted dogs who have been companions for about 6 years. Peppa is a small/medium Shiba Inu mix - sleeps on the bed now. Eva is a big Husky/lab mix. She has taken to sleeping on my folded work clothes on the floor. It is sooooo nice to get up and put on warm clothes in the morning LOL.

This reply was deleted.