My personal art fair drought will be broken by one of the most joyous events of the year. Will I see you at the Garage Sale Art Fair this weekend in Kalamazoo? Lots of my friends exhibiting (I've exhibited in the past), it is "old home week" for Midwest artists and I see some of the "big guys" are coming from farther away also for the fun. 

The event is organized by art fair artists, Bonnie Blandford and Michael Kifer, who really rock the PR with their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GarageSaleArtFair/

Anything else happening out there?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have two saddles to finish by March 15  for client who will be in Colorado for a trick riding clinic. They are moving along with the fronts put on today. I still have not had time to work on summer show inventory other than get all of the belts needed cut. 301681794?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024 

• Tomorrow I'd like to hit the flea market in town that is one of my "go to" places to find things to upcycle and recycle.  Not sure I'll find anything new but it's been a couple of weeks since I've been there.  I try to go weekly because the stock can change quickly.  You never know what you're going to find.

Saturday John and I are going to the edge of the earth and back, if we don't fall over the edge first.  We are in a AACA car club for our local area and we area taking a cruise down to Concordia, LA, about 30-40 minutes down the road to tour LUMCON for a fun morning.  We will be eating at a local place after the tour.

LUMCON is a state facility in conjunction with LSU.  It is a research lab down at the end of Hwy. 24.  As you drive down Hwy. 24 and look at the horizon ahead of you, you think the sages of history were right ... that the earth definitely is fast and you'll be driving over the edge momentarily.  LUMCON is a neat place to visit and spend a few hours.  The food at the nearby restaurants is really good and gives you a real taste of Louisiana.

When we make our way back I need to spend some time getting ready for upcoming shows.  I will probably do some painting.

Sunday ... church, painting.

At some point I'll get coffee or lunch with my dear friend Paulette.

• That sounds like a very fun trip and definitely one to put on the list for the next time I'm driving in Louisiana. No plans at present, but in general, my plans are always not turning out the way I expect, so I could be coming your way.

Love your work and the hunting and up cycling involved. You're doing what I'd love to do if I didn't have this danged job.

• Connie, if you ever get to south Louisiana we would love to host you.  There is plenty do to here... fun, art, the BEST food in the WORLD, and the friendliest people you'd want to meet.

* NOMA--New Orleans Museum of Art

* Magazine St. in New Orleans has some quaint little shops of true art, some flea market style shops, some good food and more.

* French Quarter--I don't normally do the Quarter when in NO but I know the out-of-towner's like to do it.

* Terrebonne Parish (where I live)--airboat tours, fishing excursions, awesome seafood, a small art guild where members can display their art, great festivals, etc.

I am only an hour from the New Orleans air port so it is not that far of a drive.  :D

• So many good ideas. My kids/grandkids/me looking for a Spring Break trip ... maybe next year.

• Shall I  pencil you in then?  LOL

• From the looks of the photos I'd love to have some of my (chalk) painted pieces there.

• Yes, Cindy. They would be a big hit.

• I wish I was close enough! :D

• I'm doing the Garage Sale. This show has many of the top artists and work you can buy is as good as St Louis or Cherry Creek. I've committed to going on a trip with my 3 brothers and I'm using the money from this show to pay for my trip in November. So, I will take just about anything for what I have left over from my Florida trip. All these pieces were on display at all my shows. These are not seconds and they can be had for a third of my normal price. One day only!!

This reply was deleted.