Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

What I'm not doing this weekend:

President Day's Weekend, the biggest tourist weekend of the year in Florida ... and oh how I wish I could say I was going to be there to attend:

1. Coconut Grove Arts Festival in Miami: http://www.miamitodaynews.com/2017/02/07/coconut-grove-arts-festiva...
  2. ArtiGras in Jupiter: http://www.pbnchamber.com/events/premier-events/artigras/
  3. Palm Beach Jewelry, Art and Antiques Show: https://www.palmbeachshow.com

Instead, 60 degree weather in Michigan, maybe a hike in the woods?

How about you?

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The weather is supposed to be beautiful Saturday and Sunday, in the mid 70's, after a day of rain Friday (50% chance).  So weather is no hindrance to getting things done.  I will be working in my climate controlled studio with 2 walls of windows.  If it's not too humid I can open the windows on Sat. and Sun.

I'll be working on painting and distressing pieces for shows coming up in March and April.  I do chalk painting on glass, metal, and resin pieces like vases, bottles, bowls, etc.  I am probably try using my new acquired touch up (air) brush on a couple of smaller side tables.  I want dh to be around for technical assistance.  I have tried my had at it last weekend and I like it, but I did not try it on wood pieces.  dh fixed up a spray box for smaller pieces along with a homemade lazy Susan for turning the pieces.  Not sure how I'll do these pieces since they won't have room to turn in the current box.

This all sounds like so much fun, Cindy. Will you post a photo or two when you are finished?

Connie, do you mean a photo of the chalk painted pieces?

Here are some things I've painted in the past.

Attachments:

This Friday I'm going to my daughters neon class exhibit in Alfred. She just finished her degree in Art and has a couple of shows she is involved with. The rest of the weekend looks like the weather will be nice here, so maybe a quite walk in the woods. 

A neon class? Are they using argon and creating neon pieces? 

Yes, I will take pictures tonight and show them to you.

This is my daughter, Abby Mae, (with hair up) and her friend from class with their neon piece. There was even a cake with a neon circle baked right in it.

Printing fabric, sewing, maybe a little flea marketing and chasing after a new puppy.

Do you have some tips for good places for flea marketing, Scotty? -- we live within driving distance of your markets, I'd think.

I'm in the process of moving. A SLOW move from State College, PA, back to northeast OH.

So most weekends I'm over in Ohio, moving a load and working on the house. My studio will be in the lower level of the house this time, and I need to get set up- electric, kiln, paint the walls lighter, shelving, etc. And move my entire studio. Probably won't be moved for at least another 3-4 months. We are slow movers!

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for February

1. Elizabeth Ellingson

2. Robert Johnson

3. Derek Collins

4. Karen Kurta

5. Dar Schafer

6. Marv Poulson

7. Stacy Kleymann

8. BJ Mackie

9. Marilyn Grennell

10. Megan Peterson

Thanks to these folks for sharing their reviews on ArtShowReviews.com!

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here

© 2017   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service