What I'm not doing this weekend:

President Day's Weekend, the biggest tourist weekend of the year in Florida ... and oh how I wish I could say I was going to be there to attend:

1. Coconut Grove Arts Festival in Miami: http://www.miamitodaynews.com/2017/02/07/coconut-grove-arts-festival-spotlights-380-artists/
  2. ArtiGras in Jupiter: http://www.pbnchamber.com/events/premier-events/artigras/
  3. Palm Beach Jewelry, Art and Antiques Show: https://www.palmbeachshow.com

Instead, 60 degree weather in Michigan, maybe a hike in the woods?

How about you?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We have been having a couple weeks of 60-700 weather at 7000’ SE of Denver so I have been attacking a pile of logs with the chain saw for a couple hours a day. I had a memorial service at church on Saturday that left me depressed and afterwards I only puttered around the studio. I did cook up a bunch of macahca chimichangas (deep fried shredded beef etc. rolled in a flour tortilla) with Mexican brown rice and black beans for a church family. One of the boys, who I call “Smiley” because he is so sober, told me with a big smile “they were sooooo good”. That made my day. After church I finished cutting parts for four saddles and six breast collars on order. Business is good! Next, I have to get busy building up my belt inventory for summer shows.301680733?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Printing fabric, sewing, maybe a little flea marketing and chasing after a new puppy.
    • Do you have some tips for good places for flea marketing, Scotty? -- we live within driving distance of your markets, I'd think.

• Hi Connie ! Yes we have a great place right here in town called " the original treasure mart " (they have a website). It's a big old 4 story factory filled with all kinds of goodies. The stuff changes often. You could easily spend several hours there. In Indianapolis we have two places we like ( about a fourty min drive for us) The midland antique mall and The Beech Grove antique mall. We go to one or more of them most weekends.
      • I'm in the process of moving. A SLOW move from State College, PA, back to northeast OH.

So most weekends I'm over in Ohio, moving a load and working on the house. My studio will be in the lower level of the house this time, and I need to get set up- electric, kiln, paint the walls lighter, shelving, etc. And move my entire studio. Probably won't be moved for at least another 3-4 months. We are slow movers!

• This Friday I'm going to my daughters neon class exhibit in Alfred. She just finished her degree in Art and has a couple of shows she is involved with. The rest of the weekend looks like the weather will be nice here, so maybe a quite walk in the woods. 

• A neon class? Are they using argon and creating neon pieces? 

• Yes, I will take pictures tonight and show them to you.

• 301681201?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• This is my daughter, Abby Mae, (with hair up) and her friend from class with their neon piece. There was even a cake with a neon circle baked right in it.

This reply was deleted.