Finally, finally the art fairs are starting to get going again with some steam. Best place to be this weekend is Fort Myers, FL, at ArtFest. I know a bunch of my friends will be there, how about you?

Learn more about this show: http://www.news-press.com/story/entertainment/2016/02/04/artfest-poster-artist-leoma-lovegrove-more-than-just-glasses/79641196/

And in the middle of Florida, Mount Dora Festival of the Arts hosts a bunch of artists. Visit their Facebook page to learn more: https://www.facebook.com/MountDoraArtsFestival/

No art fairs for me this weekend. It's February, its Michigan ... but making plans to get to Florida soon ...

and you?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm a little late in posting this, but it consumed my weekend. These two were finished, boxed and invoiced. Three more for spring completion were started. I finished up my four show apps for this summer except the little one day show at church - I think they will let me in LOL. I got all of my natural finish belts stamped for summer shows while doing the saddles. Now, its on  to all of the browns and black, as well as special order art work and antique restorations. I'm booked up with saddle orders until late fall 2017, but I still plan to do the summer art shows as well. 301675540?profile=original301675707?profile=original301676366?profile=original301677309?profile=original301678228?profile=original 

• Funny article about the "art" at ArtFest Fort Myers: http://www.fox4now.com/news/controversial-sculpture-takes-center-st...

Hope it was a good weekend for all of you.

• Surely hope the rain was absent this weekend in Florida!

• Ft Myers for me

• No shows this weekend.  First one is a month from now, the first weekend in March.  Even in the south we often don't have art or craft shows in the winter!

However, in a little while a friend is coming over and we will do some crafting.  I am probably going to work on decorating a memory tray from Hobby Lobby.  I got some at clearance price.  HL is funny.  When something has sat on the shelf too long they will put it on clearance.  BUT if they get more in of the same exact item, the new one will be marked at regular price.  I am not talking about stuff that has an expiration date, paint or other stuff that can dry up, or go bad in any other way.  Very odd if you ask me.  But it allowed me to get 2 or 3 of the trays at a good price so I am not complaining about my score!  LOL

Memory Tray Link

Tomorrow we'll go to church and then come home to veg out on "50" pregame stuff all afternoon.  I am not really pulling for one team really more than the other, for the first time in several years.  I have hang ups with both QB's and that is enough for me.  However if I am forced to choose one or the other I'll go for Carolina.  They are in our division (NFC South) and if our team can't be there then I suppose I want one of our family to be there.

• No shows, but got in a new printer and just got it running. A couple of test prints left my jaw hanging and it looks like it's time to print a bunch. It's the Epson P800 that I got as a replacement for my Epson 4900. That one may be a hell of a printer but it's designed for a busy print shop and it's costing me too much in wasted ink trying to clear head clogs.

• No shows this month for me...just Barn time to create more inventory

This reply was deleted.