Are you on the road to Minneapolis this weekend? Lots of artists are. Will it be Uptown, Loring Park or Powderhorn?

Things are great out West also. I'd love to be in Crested Butte or Park City, Utah.

There have to be a bunch of smaller shows out there also. What are they?

Wishing everyone great weather and even better sales.

P.S. Just remembered, if you post the show you'll be at on our Facebook page it will get LOTS of views and it will be shared!! Here's the page: https://www.facebook.com/artfairs

(thanks Carolina Niebres for posting there just now about Powderhorn)

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just got back from Crested Butte.

• and ... did you meet Lucia Fredericy and Steve Appel from AFI. Hope one of you is going to "tell us more ..."

• No, I didn't meet Lucia! That's good news and bad news: because it was our first time at CB, our booth was very busy, pretty steady with people in the booth, so I didn't do much wandering.

I did meet Steve Appel briefly, Kay Cummins (I hope I have that spelled right) and saw Pam Caidin, who I met previously at Downtown Denver Arts Festival this year as we weathered hailstorm and rain all weekend. We saw Tyler Voorhees from Boulder (Obsolete Jobs of Yesteryear) who seems to be on the same circuit as we are 90% of the time.

I keep thinking I'll meet Richard Sherer one of these days ...

• Steve Appel, Bolt People guy, stopped by my house to visit and see my studio on his way to Denver from Crested Butte. Had fun talking about different shows, and lunch with Jean in Parker. I never would have met him without AFI - Thanks. 

• R. C. Fulwiler (as reported above) was at the Chesterton Art Fair in northern Indiana. Here is more info about that event: http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/porter/28954730-418/art-lovers-fl...

• Art on the Green in Coeur d'Arlene ID.  Already saw Stephen MaDer and her beautiful glass work.  HOT!   Thank goodness we're under a tree providing a little shade.

• Tell Steph we miss her hanging out here with us.

Coeur d'Alene sounds like a wonderful spot. Wish I could think of some excuse to be there too.

Do you have fans? We always carried battery operated ones.

• We have a fan, we were in the shade and it was still HOT.  Temps hit almost 100 on Friday, high 90's on the other days.  Winds / big storm came up Saturday evening and we were told to shut down 30 minutes early, we had just started packing things up when the winds really started to howl.  Thunder, lightening and rain quickly followed.  Didn't see any damaged booths the next day, but it was a wild ride at the time.

• Did it cool the show down for a good Sunday?

• and actually, if I was at an art fair this weekend I'd love to be in Charlevoix, MI, where people come up off their really big boats to buy art and back to the boats for a party. Here's more: http://www.petoskeynews.com/charlevoix/entertainment/charlevoix-s-w...

This reply was deleted.