Suggestions for gallery walls?

I am getting ready to "up my game" and invest in a more professional display, and wondered if the community could give me advice on what type of display walls they like.  I am an acrylic and watercolor artist, so I would be displaying a variety of framed pieces and canvas.  Most of my pieces 16 x 20 or smaller.  I currently have an EZ up brand tent.  I'm not sure whether to go with a mesh wall, like those offered by Flourish, or with the panel display system like Pro Panels.  I drive a midsize SUV to shows, so don't have too much space.  Also, I often do shows alone without help for setup, so I'd like something easy for one person setup.  Any advice?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Attached is my booth pic. Still needs a better layout. Feedback appreciated

LOORAM BOOTH.jpg

• Nice artwork, James.  I agree with Joel, a draped tablecloth would look warmer than the stretched one.  Do you put out print racks or bins, also?  As my work is wildlife and nature themed, I am thinking of putting out a table with lined wicker baskets on top to serve as print bins, something with a natural look. Also going with a black fitted tablecloth to contrast against the white.

• Maybe add a draped tablecloth over the table?

• Thanks!! Absolutely. A much warmer feeling which is what my booth needs. Cool!!!

• Strongly recommend Flourish mesh walls. This past summer was first experience with fairs. Did five of them. Sold five abstract paintings 16x20. Started with heavy steel mesh panels. SO hard to carry, transport, set up and take down. Half way thru the season I bought the mesh panles. SO easy to do all of the above and they fit easily into an SUV. They are sturdy enough to handle 24 x 24 framed canvas and I am sure larger ones. I DO back the walls with gray shower curtains hung from PVC piping and add a gray rug

• Thanks for sharing your experience with them, James.  I received my flourish mesh walls recently, and am just waiting for a nice day to set up my tent and try them out for booth shots! I think they should be plenty strong enough for my pieces, since most of my paintings are smaller. Do you have any photos of your booth with the panels?  I'm looking for set up ideas, and the shower curtain with rug sounds nice.  

• Your panels look great, Joel, and I did consider making some panels myself, also.  But I was worried about the weight and the amount of space they might take up in my vehicle.  I was considering the Pro panels that I saw could be broke down into smaller sections, I think they are called "kd", but even that looks like it might be bulky.

• Mesh walls take up far less space in your vehicle than a set of Pro Panels. The only trade off is the possibility of backlighting so it's wise to keep your canopy walls lowered behind the mesh walls, or back the mesh with a solid fabric the same color as the mesh.

Larry Berman
    http://BermanGraphics.com
    412-401-8100

• Larry is correct.

If you choose the Black, mesh walls from Flourish, they are different from the White. The black have a double wall. Mesh inside / woven outside. This greatly reduces the backlighting problem.

You hang artwork on the inside with S hooks. On the outside with Drapery hooks.

Takes about 5 minutes to hang all three walls.

Once packed in the carry bag it takes up about 8" x 10" x 60"

This reply was deleted.