Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I am getting ready to "up my game" and invest in a more professional display, and wondered if the community could give me advice on what type of display walls they like.  I am an acrylic and watercolor artist, so I would be displaying a variety of framed pieces and canvas.  Most of my pieces 16 x 20 or smaller.  I currently have an EZ up brand tent.  I'm not sure whether to go with a mesh wall, like those offered by Flourish, or with the panel display system like Pro Panels.  I drive a midsize SUV to shows, so don't have too much space.  Also, I often do shows alone without help for setup, so I'd like something easy for one person setup.  Any advice?

Views: 365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Strongly recommend Flourish mesh walls. This past summer was first experience with fairs. Did five of them. Sold five abstract paintings 16x20. Started with heavy steel mesh panels. SO hard to carry, transport, set up and take down. Half way thru the season I bought the mesh panles. SO easy to do all of the above and they fit easily into an SUV. They are sturdy enough to handle 24 x 24 framed canvas and I am sure larger ones. I DO back the walls with gray shower curtains hung from PVC piping and add a gray rug

Thanks for sharing your experience with them, James.  I received my flourish mesh walls recently, and am just waiting for a nice day to set up my tent and try them out for booth shots! I think they should be plenty strong enough for my pieces, since most of my paintings are smaller. Do you have any photos of your booth with the panels?  I'm looking for set up ideas, and the shower curtain with rug sounds nice.  

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for May

1. Kristi Taylor

2. Karen Kurta

3. Tate Hamilton

4. Fletcher Dean

5. Isabelle Posillico

6. Jeri Vitello

7. Ellen Negley

8. Leo Posillico

9. Keenya Rotunda

10. Teri Causey

Thanks to these folks for sharing their reviews on ArtShowReviews.com!

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2018   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service