Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I received notice that I am #1 on a wait list for a Chicago area art fair.  That's all well and good.  What I have a question about is why would this same art fair still be soliciting late applications for the show?  If better work comes in, do I get bumped down the list?  I have another show opportunity at that time and don't want to be left holding an empty bag.  Thoughts please!

Views: 745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just another wonderful example how artists are regularly ripped off .   Just saying !

I get rejects, wait lists, and more. But I do hate to see that shows are still taking applications when they have already notified people they are on the wait list. That's just greed, plain and simple.

I am happy to report that I have been removed from the wait list and have now been accepted to the show.  The production company informed me that, as someone suggested, they wait listed by category and accepted late applications from categories that had not been filled up.  Five shows in the bag and waiting for two more juries.  Summer will be busy.

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2018   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service