Since this year is the second year of the show, does anybody have a review or heard anything about the first Rancho Marietta Art and wine festival? It would seem like a good location but we have been in shows that seem good and turn out very bad.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Steve, here is a review we have at www.Artshowreviews.com.  Anyone else care to leave a review?

http://www.artshowreviews.com/2014/10/rancho-murieta-fine-art-wine-...

• no attendance, hardly any sales for anyone, after expenses almost everyone was in the hole. Booth was $400, I got $150 in only one sale (discounted so I sold SOMEthing).  It was actually the second year, but the first one was cancelled.  So the second year of the first festival?  I tried to be optimistic, but when you go home broke, how can you be?  I do scratchboard and usually my booth is full of people wanting to know what it is and how to do it.  I got only about 10 people who asked.

• Of the 10 people asking how to do scratchboard 7 were fellow artists looking for something to do because they weren't selling anything.

• 301666141?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024these are facing north and south.  All the people you see are vendors.......

• Picture says 1000 words. Just a reminder to myself, rule number 1, don't do a first year show. We broke the rule this year and bailed on one of our shows during setup (good thing we did too. I will post a review of that show in the coming weeks).

• 301665970?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Update to this post, walked the show yesterday and it's definitely NOT on our list of shows to consider next year.

Beautiful art, no obvious buy sell, very few booths that I would consider craft, mostly fine art.

Buyers were very scarce, Sunday seemed very lightly attended and then one artist we know told us the attendance on Sunday was much better than Saturday.  Yikes, not a good sign for an art show.

Talked to 3 artists that had been booth neighbors in other CA or AZ shows, none of them were making money, many artists hadn't even made booth as of 3 PM Sunday, one artist we talked to hadn't had a single sale as of 4 PM on Sunday.

Artists were there from 5 states, with a $400 booth fee and travel expenses, it sounds like many of them took a financial loss on the show.

• Thanks for the update. Taking it off my radar too. It would not be a fun weekend if sales are that bad and we would need to travel 1000 miles to get there. They also reopened the application 1-2 more times before the show.
    • this sounds like a show to avoid,  well for whatever it is worth AZ was hit with torrential rains on fri and sat.  even prescott got hammered so you were lucky you are not in phx area.    i have a home show this weekend then onto balloon festival,  next year hopefully will be in vegas

• Hi Steve,  We're at another CA show this weekend so I will ask other artists about this one.  We're actually in the Sacramento area through October and have nothing planned for this weekend.  Might just have to take a walk through this show to see if it's something we'd want to try in a future year.

This reply was deleted.