Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Looking for a web site designer that I won't have to take out a bank loan for!

I threw together our website over 12 years ago with MS Front Page and that's not supported by much of anything today - not to mention how dated our site looks!  I've gone through a dozen developers in our area and no one is interested - not enough $$ for them!  We don't want a shopping cart.  We've already got our domain name and am happy with iPower for hosting.  What we want is a drastically more artistic and visually appealing site that we can EASILY update with pictures, shows and other information.  Does anyone anywhere know someone that can do this?

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That picture of the furniture is just a stock picture, and not meant to be used in any website, it is just to show what is possible for your website to look like. MY point is that before you can ask anyone to make a website, you need new images. If you send me a few new images, I will put them on this website so you can see how they look and work. From experience it takes a lot of time to get good images. You and your wife should have two separate websites since you will be trying to get completely different people to look. 

This is just a test website for you, it has your name spelled wrong anyway, so eventually will come down. By the way, your wife's hats are beautiful, they would be great for the little horse race going on now where I live. Louisville KY

It is hard to be an artist, and do other things too. My email is dnrlentz@sbcglobal.net

Hey Walt - I just sent you an email with some ideas - feel free to call me if I can help!

Web designers are really expensive. You can just probably make do with a free template or create a free website with a web builder which comes with free templates.

You said that you don't want to leave IPower, but to get what you are asking for, you may have to. This is also an old post so you may have already done something.
I use WIX. They have templates but you do not need to use them. You can build your own from scratch very easily, drag and drop.

This is what I have done www.ericsart.com  It is super easy to update images and change things around. 

I panicked (sort of) and signed up for a Wix plan on Tuesday. Took some photos yesterday, bought a URL, and managed to make and launch a site in under 2 hours. Just a basic shell, esp since I have no clue what I am doing in the real art world (I'm a graphic designer by trade). I still have at least a 140 photos to take - no idea if that's too many pieces to put up. =

The template(s) on Wix works great, and they have a timeline revert so you back up to any point in your build out at any time. 

I hate to hijack a thread, but I don't think I can create one here yet.. so how many pieces of artwork is too many? Should I post a 100 and save another 140 to rotate in and out?

and oh yeah... look at the dumb URL i picked: rickscribs.com - I was thinking rick scrib (like scribble), but most people will see ricks crib. And I'm not cool enough to have a crib, pad, or hangout. 

It's easy to start a new thread. If you want people to read your domain name correctly internally capitalize the first letter of each word. Domain names aren't case sensitive until after the ".com"

Larry Berman
http://BermanGraphics.com
412-401-8100

oh I'm not ready to let the world look at the site yet, still so much to do ). But I really have looked for a "new thread" button and no luck. 

Rick

On your web site's contact page:

You may want to use a method to secure your phone number and email address on the site.

Yes, you want customers to see it and use it.

No, you don't want DATA mining tools to pick it up and load you with spam etc.

There are lot's of methods out there. You may want to employ some.

Good call. Edited. now ooff to taking all the other pics. 

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2018   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service