Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Hello Art Show Folks,

I have been through some major life changes recently. As a result, I have decided to make the plunge and venture out to the art fair world to sell my photography. I am working outside of the US right now but at the beginning of 2018, I will be back in the country and ready to take on art fairs full time. And, I will be doing it while traveling in my SUV and a travel trailer...at least that is the plan at the moment.

Are there others folks out there that are "location independent" and working art shows from their RV or travel trailer? I am interested in learning from those who have blazed this trail. What are the big considerations? Am I crazy for considering this? This information will be very helpful as I move forward to this new life in 2018.

Thanks in advance for your advice/comments!

Mike

mbthomasphotography.com

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike

I been learning along the way. Although I have not done this full time.. I have traveled in my van part time during the winter months in South Florida.  Im still learning the shows and the circuit..  

Began 3 years ago with a Toyota Sienna.  I have now graduated to a ford transit medium roof.. Which I enjoy..  The trick is keeping it stealthy.  I have had no regrets yet, as I have met many folks on the road and has been a total adventure.. Would love to meet other travelers & artist.   My attitude is to do it while you can, enjoy life, take photos, learn, & well I know its only for a season or two as we discover our market.  

Wishing you new discoveries and growth as a artist during this time of your life.. 

I have a tad head start before you, so I will be learning during the next couple years myself.. 

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing your journey with me. I have to say I am rather excited about the prospect of meeting the other artists and learning from them. 

Mike

RSS

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here

© 2017   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service