It has been said before - Flourish

I just hung up from another wonderful experience, on the phone, with Flourish.

They are a GREAT ! company to deal with.

I have no affiliation except that I own some of their products.

Their customer service is impeccable.

They database so they know you (the specific artist) equipment.

Quickly diagnose what is needed.

Do whatever they can without causing undue cost.

Savings or extra expense dealing with a different company $ ???

Savings or expense of dealing more local $ ????

Getting the customer service Flourish gives PRICELESS !!!

Others may be good also, however I have no desire to shop around regardless. I could not ask for better.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Totally agree! A human answers the phone (various people) and never transfer you to someone else. They ask your name and know everything about your set up configuration. Offers suggestions to same you money and gets it to you fast. I started from a recommendation from a friend and have never turned back. Great company and great products.

• They are great.  The Trimline is worth the extra work to set it up.  I always recommend it because in 20 yrs. of doing shows, it has never succumbed to the hurricane force gales Colorado is famous for, even when my next door neighbors ended up halfway across the parking lot.

• Agree with all about the folks at Flourish. But ... a bad wind can still take you down. I found that out this past season when a squall came in to Tawas Bay in Michigan and grabbed my Trimline (weighted down) and threw it 30 yards down the beach. BUT ... here's where the Flourish folks earn their reputation. That happened on a Memorial Day weekend. Ruined every piece of metal in my tent. I sent a email to Flourish on that Monday night and had a new tent delivered Friday. I never missed a show.

• Wow, that is great. Glad you were able to recover. Hope you didn't lose inventory.

I'm amazed that the wind took out your trimeline. Were the airvents open? How much weight was on each corner? Were the weights hanging from the top or just on the lower legs? Were the weights hanging in the air?

I don't ask to insinuate that you did not do every thing correct. merely to learn what you did and if knowledge can be gained by us.

What was the wind speed?

Nothing can be done to beat mother nature, if she is out in force. Nothing we build can withstand a tsunami. A huricane or tornado can lift up entire houses. 

I watched a 3 story house get lifted off it's foundation, travel miles downstream and smash to pieces in a flood.

So, yes, enough of a wind can take any tent away. I still prefer a trimline with 75 lbs weight in each corner, to most anything else, at a show. (screw in ground stakes, even better).

• Hey Larry,

For me, it was a perfect combination of 'oh crap' factors just as the fair was entering its final hour. We didn't expect any bad weather then all of a sudden the organizers told us we had 30 minutes. I got my art off the walls and onto my carts when it started to rain then the wind kicked in like crazy. No idea how fast but I'd say a dozen tents were ruined. We weren't allowed to stake so I had sand bags at each corner. But here's where I messed up big time. I should have closed my tent and I would have probably been fine. But I had already removed my front wall - trying to race the storm - and that's where the wind came in. I literally made my tent a giant umbrella with three closed sides. I should have buttoned up and rode it out. 

Still if you want to see what winds can do to a Trimline, see the attached. There was hardly a piece of the tent that was not bent. The fire department actually cut it apart. Believe it or not, my vinyl walls were unharmed.

1403877337?profile=RESIZE_710x

20180527_172227.jpg

• Wow! That is amazing. Mine might have suffered worse. It seems you have newer or upgraded corner 3 wyas. Mine do not have the extra angle support.  Good thing you were able to remove your art first. Sand bags? How much weight do you think you had on each corner? 

If you had "I should have buttoned up and rode it out." You might have been like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz  :-)

• I agree totally. They work to try to save the customer money also. I wanted replace my Flourish tent with free-standing walls (doing indoor shows only now) and they worked with me to use pipes and mesh that I already had.

• Same here. I remember calling them to order some fittings for a proprietary configuration I was attempting. They looked at their list of what I had and told me, I already had all I needed. They guided me on which fittings would work.

This does not hurt their business. Instead it helps because I don't even consider someone else when I need something. I just call them.

This reply was deleted.