Replies

• The Eurmax is a cheap $200 canopy like a number of similar brands.  I use it in favor over my Light Dome for  for most shows.  The reason is that its quick to set up and take down.  1/4 the time. The nylon sides go on and off fast and easy.  Maybe  3 minutes.  There are no snaps which are a pain.   I can set it  up and take it  down by my self.  You can put on the sides without a ladder and raise the whole thing by yourself. Its light.   The roof is no problem to put on compared to the Light Dome as I don't  even remove the roof  when folding it up.  Yes it can pool rain water but that's an easy $5 fix.  I can also load it in the van without destroying  my back for a week. .  For a one or two day 9 to 5 show its perfect.  For a 4 day or  week long show like 3 rivers Pittsburgh  I will use the light dome. The Eurmax cant withstand a hurricane  but for $200 just buy another one. Its cheaper than your booth fee. 

• I just came back from St James Art Fair.

We did have a lot of rain. Not much wind, at all.

I saw a a Eurmax tent collapsed (Not mine).

I've been at shows where other tents were destroyed, yet my Undercover was just fine.

This Eurmax seemed to collapse from water gather on the roof, not a weighting problem.

• We ended up going with another brand, can't remember off the top of my head.

• Look at the steel version of the EZ-up. It is also around $500 like the Euromax. I think it is called the Majestic or something like that. Those that have had them have used them for years without a problem. Ask Connie. I think they had one of those tents.

• Will do.  Thanks for the head's up.  Just told dh.

• I just went to the EZ-Up and the KDCanopy site. KD talked about not using steel anymore. Plus the prices on each web site seem to be a lot more than I expected. They both make a 10' x 20' tent. Also, they both talked about the tents being stronger and improved. Too bad you can't look at them in person to make a decision. I used an EZ-Up for about 2 years. They held up with the proper weights, but, it did cause a lot of stress thinking that any moment it was going to go down. Maybe the 10' x20' is more secure. Trimline makes a 10' x 20' tent also. I don't know the price.

• I have a KD Majestic and that is the only canopy that I have ever had. It has gotten me through everything. 

• Mine pooled water until I used those pool spaghetti floats in the corners. The so called stabilizer bars are cheaply made. The push pin connectors bent right away and I needed to use a vise to push them in far enough to close the tent. You're better of buying a real tent, like Trimline or Craft hut. For the life of the tent, you will be spending the same amount of money in the long run because it lasts much longer and is stable. And, good luck getting a response from the company if anything goes wrong. They are made in China. Plus, if you read the fine print it says not to leave them up over night. I'd pass on Euromax.

• We are actually looking at having to purchase 2 tents due to expanding to a 10x20 next calendar year.  There is no way on God's green earth we can buy a $1000+ tent twice over right now.  Especially since we just bought our trailer.  I understand the ones you are talking about are top shelf tents.  Just can't do it right now, unfortunately.  :(

• I have seen several of these Eurmax canopies when looking for a pop up tent a couple of years back. I spoke with 2 of the owners  and they both said they were good for the price but definitely not waterproof and they had to treat them with waterproofing spray at least once a year. Other than that they seemed to be satisfied.

The only true "weaterproof" canopy is one with a vinyl top that has welded seams and not sewn seams that can leak. You don't want water wicking through the polyester during a heavy rain.

http://www.ecanopy.com/ is a website that can give you a good idea of numerous canopies available by different manufacturers...

This reply was deleted.