The Downtown Denver Arts Festival that is held memorial day weekend is looking for a new location. Negotiations with the performing arts center have stalled. If you know of a good location that will embrace the show and have you have a string that can be pulled, you might want to contact Jim DeLutes.

Here is the press release http://www.downtowndenverartsfestival.com/2015pr.html

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, now there is a hold on the show. Jim contacted me with this info:

Just heard that the campus execs have pulled the plug since they have some construction going on and don’t want to do anything else during that time.

Stay tuned, folks. I know he is working on a Plan B.

• Just noticed this conversation out there. It's no longer on hold.

The Downtown Denver Arts Festival will be back at the Denver Center for Performing Arts Complex near Arapahoe and Speer Blvd. in 2015.

• Jim is getting this news out.

Here's an article from the Denver Business Journal: http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/blog/real_deals/2015/01/downtown-...

• They released the following location update and news

NEWS - January 2015
    The Downtown Denver Arts Festival is now ranked in the Top 25* shows in the country
    and is the highest ranked festival in the state of Colorado!

The Downtown Denver Arts Festival will be held on the Auraria Campus in Downtown Denver.

*According to the ArtFair Sourcebook

• I think this location might be a good one.

It's got fairly good parking ($4.50 per day), visibility from Speer Blvd, not far from the highways, but still downtown. I'm going to give it a whirl.

• Thanks for keeping us up to date on this, Steve. Good for Jim. I know he really throws himself into making these shows work for everyone.

• Well that is good that Jim is trying to find a new location. I had heard that there was going to be 'something big happing for 2015", and could only hope that it meant that we would not be setting up on grass again.

What a mess it was last year, with the foreboding weather, rain everyday of the show, and even a tornado warning issued on Sunday, it left most patrons running to their vehicle, and most artist rolling their eyes saying 'not again'. I can say that I probably wouldn't have done this one consecutively unless I could get a booth spot on some concrete up closer to the performing art center. Perhaps the only perk of this show last year was the legalization of MJ in Colorado that helped ease the tension that was apparent in every artist face.

Lets hope that Jim can get this show back to it glory days (never participated) when it was on the mall. I have a feeling that this show is a little over rated for what it is. I think if Jim can get it located on a street that is somewhat like a main drag (ie, 16th St Mall), and he really does advertise as he claims, then I think it could be very successful, unitl then I can only see this show as being "meh" for now.

• He is working hard on this. Maybe he will find something that changes the ball game.

This reply was deleted.