Hi All,

I just got accepted to the Asheville show in May. They have a $475 booth fee. Does anyone have any feedback about how much money/sales are often made there, and whether I should gamble to rent a booth, get a hotel, and drive from Nashville to Asheville with my family to attend? I am an impressionist oil painter.fullsizeoutput_3575.jpeg

Above is a picture of my booth so far.... I have large work.

Thanks for any input!

Kymberlee

IMG_0610.jpg

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Kymberlee,

Do not know if you remember me but we had a discussion about the Asheville show in May. I just received word from an acquaintance that went ahead and did the show last weekend and wanted to pass on the info. She reported that there was really great vendors but hardly any traffic and even fewer buyers. She does resin art- really nice- wide price points, and did not even make the booth fee. Just wanted to let you know.

Take care, Don Meinders

• That was my experience with the Asheville show as well, Don. I did it last year.

• I haven't done a show in Asheville but I want to see the Mansion!  LOL  I like to go places I haven't seen sometimes.  What IS the best show in ASHEVILLE?

• I'd like to know, too! Very cool town, with lots of beer!

• Any chance, Kymberlee,  you applied to the American Artisan Festival in June in Nashville? to my mind worth checking out.

• I applied -- I was there last year. Great show, until the bottom dropped out on Sunday!

• Yes I did. Thanks for the thumbs up
  • I do. I was part of it last year.

Pros:

It's a great venue, there were lots of GREAT artists there. It was one where I looked around and said "how the heck did *I* get accepted into this show?" Easy set up, you could drive right into the Cellular Center to your booth area to unload. I made some new artist friends.

Cons:

Nobody came. This show remains very close to the biggest loss I've ever taken. I had the booth fee (it was 575 last year I think), $225 for hotel, and gas and time to drive. I made $175 TOTAL all weekend. 

There were several other events going on that weekend last year -- another art show, a gallery walk downtown, and a big concert. Maybe they have resolved that this year, but indoor shows where admission is charged don't seem to do well in that area.

I did have plenty of time to talk to the other artists since there was a lack of customer traffic, and made some good friends. Best of luck to you!

• Thanks Don, for responding again. I live in Nashville and just applied for the Nashville arts and crafts fair. I applied to local private school fairs last year and didn’t get in. I am doing a Knoxville street fair in May. Any recommendations within driving distance from Nashville, or near Vero Beach Florida?
      • Don't be too upset about that private school show (Artclectic). I was there, too. Another not so great show. I was so excited to get in. They want an entire inventory of everything you have, and supply price tickets to you. You have to give the ticket to the customer, they take it to the cashier, the customer brings back a receipt, then you give the customer their item. You never see any of the money until the school mails you a check a month later, and they keep 30%.

This reply was deleted.