Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I've looked at 8-10 builders, signed up for all the free accounts. I like Squarespace the best. It's cheaper than WIX for the same (some better) features.

Problem is... the first time my husband tried to access Squarespace he got an error message saying the site was down. He tried a couple of more times and could never get in.... I never had that problem.

Is anyone using Squarespace and what are your thoughts?

I also found the link to IndieMade on this forum. It looks really nice and seems to be comparable to Squaresqace. The price is between Squarespace and Wix.

Thoughts on Indiemade?

I'm not looking at the top packages, 1 step down.

update 4/24/18 We chose Wix and set up a site last year. Our shopping cart is through Square. They provide a free cart and processing is inexpensive. We couldn't rationalize the additional shopping/cart expense until we have enough web orders to make it worth while. We've had 1 online order.... which I'm ok with. I hate fulfilling web orders...

https://www.eclecticadventuressc.com

Views: 819

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just looked at your site...nice...but isn't what you have a blog?

Hmm, if my techie niece thinks Mobirise is cool, it must be. Just took a look, very nice. Paul, how did you know about this and what is your website so I can see it in the flesh?

I so like how your personality shows through and people can get an idea of you. This is not slick retail but personal work reaching out to the right person. Nice.

I used Mobirise for my site, 100% free (because I limited myself to free options although they offer upgrades of all sorts. My site: davidclassicdesign.com

Really nice looking. Can't imagine a non-coder being able to do something like that a few years ago.

One important thing though, to me the most important, you don't have an email collector. The contact me doesn't do it. Those most interested in your work, potential buyers, especially when/if you don't do shows, you need to be able to contact them, unless you want your site to just be informative. A good email list is an artist's retirement plan.

Didi you not see the header "

Get updates and announcements? with a place to subscribe?

Hah! Found it. I'd still like to see it up higher so people don't have to look for it, imho.

Thank you. had me worried there might be some other device. I put it after showing my stuff thinking that people wouldn't want to give up that info without seeing what I was about, but Paul Flack's site is a VERY impressive reversal of that idea. 

On the other hand my stuff doesn't lend itself to his bold video treatment, which I could easily do in Mobirise EXCEPT that I don't know how to avoid leaving my viewer in You-Tube World when the video ends.

Awesome site dude, very slick.

Thank you! Yours is quite impressive and TO THE POINT. Something I will think about.

Your site is really nice. This is with Mobirise for free?!?! WoW!

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2018   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service